A SuperHuman's Guide:
How to Make the Switch to Natural Deodorant (and why you really should)
Don't sweat the small stuff... like a little sweat for instance.
* What's the difference between an antiperspirant and a deodorant?
An antiperspirant actually clogs the pores under our arms preventing them from producing sweat. While we may not like to admit it, sweat is just a part of being human. It's our body's natural reaction to heat, exercise and stress. It also allows our body to regulate it’s internal temperature. So, in many ways, it's our friend. Unfortunately, our culture has convinced us that unless you're a die-hard hippie, or you don't mind being a social outcast, an antiperspirant is a must.
To achieve an unnaturally dry underarm, many manufacturers use some pretty sketchy and potentially toxic ingredients. Ingredients like various aluminum compounds, parabens, phthalates, propylene glycol, steareths and triclosan to name a few. Even if these chemicals weren't linked to potential infertility, Alzheimer’s and cancer, we just think it's unnatural to prevent such an essential function.
A deodorant doesn't prevent perspiration. Most commercially available deodorants simply mask body odor by using synthetic petroleum based fragrances.
* So. What's so special about SuperHuman's Life Guard Natural Deodorant?
After years of research, we've developed an all natural formula that takes advantage of a serendipitous discovery made by people who apply a topical magnesium supplement... virtually NO body odor!
We combined this gentle, natural supplement derived from fresh seawater with organic: witch hazel (a natural astringent), skin soothing aloe vera gel, arrowroot powder (to help with wetness) and essential oils of tea tree & lavender (for their natural anti-bacterial properties) to create a wholesome deodorant you can feel good about using everyday. Get your own Life Guard Deodorant HERE!
Many users also report other benefits associated with our magnesium-rich formula such as: better and deeper sleep, elevated moods, stronger muscles with less cramping, increased energy, improved memory and fewer headaches.
While you're waiting for your Life Guard Deodorant to work it's magic, here's a few tips to help you make the switch!
- There's going to be a transition period. Let's face it. Most of us have been using an antiperspirant for decades. As your body rids itself of the toxic, pore-clogging chemicals you've been applying, you're going to notice some odor. For most people, this only lasts for a few days to maybe a couple of weeks. Fortunately, our customers have reported a much shorter period of "stinkiness" due to our formula's naturally deodorizing magnesium.
- Stay strong. No switching back and forth from natural deodorant to antiperspirant. You need to give your body time to adjust.
- Try washing up mid-day. If you're at home it'll be easy. If not, try packing a dampened, soapy washcloth in a baggie so you can pop into the restroom to freshen up. Carry your Coast Guard with you to re-apply, and you're good to go!
- Natural fiber clothing is your friend. Polyester and acrylic fibers trap moisture resulting in odor. Be sure to wear natural fibers such as cotton and hemp to stay odor-free during and after the transition period. It's also a good idea to stick to sleeveless or loose fitting garments if you know you'll be in sweat-inducing situations.
- Junk In, Junk Out. Watch what you eat. Your poor body's already trying to rid itself of toxins, give it a break and try to eat lots of fruits, veggies and whole grains. Avoid processed foods and red meat whenever possible. Even when you're not transitioning to natural deodorant, a better diet = less body odor. Oh, and take it easy on the garlic too.
- Tea-riffic. Many people find that sipping on a cold glass of iced peppermint tea really helps to cool them from the inside out, reducing perspiration.
- Women are lucky. Shaving every day is a huge help. Men, you may consider a bit of trimming - or just wash up and re-apply your deodorant whenever possible.
So remember SuperHumans...